If the amount of oil absorbed by a chicken breast fried in 350 degree F oil (1 tbs) isn't enough to satisfy you health nuts, then here is a recipe for oven-fried chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (yes, that's got to be freshly squeezed!)
- 1/4 cup light honey
- 1 tbs salt
- 2 tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup garlic-flavored croûtons, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- Olive oil
- Combine eggs, sauce, juice, and honey in a large dish. Dip each piece of chicken into mixture. Set aside.
- Combine salt, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Season chicken liberally with this mixture.
- Combine croûtons and cornflakes. Coat both sides of each piece of chicken with mixture.
- Coat each chicken piece with olive oil. Insert a probe thermometer into one of the pieces and place in a parchment-lined baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove to a plate and let rest 5 minutes. Serve warm.