Cookbook:Nutty Buddy Chocolate Cookie Bars
|Nutty Buddy Chocolate Cookie Bars|
Nutty Buddy Chocolate Cookie Bars
- ¾ cups (1½ sticks) butter
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 3 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecan pieces or chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup sliced (not slivered) almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place butter in microwave-safe dish, cover with a paper towel and microwave on high, for about 45 seconds, or until melted. Remove carefully and stir to melt completely.
- Place the graham-cracker crumbs in a metal 13-by-9-inch baking pan.
- Pour melted butter over crumbs, and stir and fold until all the crumbs are moistened with the butter. Press crumbs firmly and evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the crumb crust. Spread to the edges with the back of a spoon.
- Top evenly with chocolate chips, pecans, and almonds. Press down with a fork.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 35 minutes or until bubbling slightly along the edges.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate until firm for 1 to 2 hours before slicing.
- Store at room temperature, covered with foil.