- Lightly roast the poppy seed, sesame seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, desiccated coconut, and grind in a mortar and pestle.
- Put oil in frying pan and stir fry the green chillies with some salt. Drain the oil from the green chillies and keep aside.
- Start cooking by putting the spices namely cumin seeds, whole red chillies, fenugreek seeds and a couple of curry leaves for tarka in very hot oil.
- When ready and popping, add chopped onions to it and fry till golden brown.
- Add the rest of the spices i.e. red chillies, turmeric, garlic ginger paste and nigella seeds. Stir well and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the tamarind juice and let it cook for a minute. Add the green chillies and top it with the remaining curry leaves and let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When ready serve with any meat accompaniment or rice dishes like biryani
External linksEditLast modified on 28 March 2010, at 22:31