- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 tsp mesquite smoke powder
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1/2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp light molasses
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
Last modified on 27 March 2010, at 23:48
- Preheat grill to 500-575 degrees F.
- Combine garlic, smoke powder, and 4 heavy pinches each of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl. Form into 3/4-inch thick patties and make and indentation in the center of each patty with your thumb.
- Sprinkle patties on both sides with seasoning mixture. Place on grill and cook, turning often, until desired "doneness" is achieved. Serve on buns with cook's choice of cheese and desired toppings.