This sauce is great with chicken, but there's a bit of sugar in this sauce, so put it on things 15 or 10 minutes before you take it off.
- 2 quarts ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Hickory BBQ Rub
- 2 Tbs. yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 habanero chiles, stemmed
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan or pot. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until liquid has reduced by 1/3. Remove chiles and discard.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
By maple syrup, I do not mean that pancake syrup! Grade B Amber would be very nice.