Cookbook:Macaroni and Cheese
|Macaroni and Cheese|
- ½ c butter
- ½ c flour
- 4 c milk
- 1 c cheddar cheese
- 1 c Parmesan or Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- cooked macaroni
- Make a roux using half cup of butter (a stick) and half a cup of flour.
- Add 4 cups of heated milk and stir until smooth to complete the white sauce.
- Add cheese and cayenne pepper.
- Finally, mix with a pot of cooked pasta.
- 8 oz (by weight) elbow macaroni
- ½ cups milk
- ¼ cups butter
- ½ cups cheese (of the chef's preference)
- 1 egg
- dash of dried parsley and oregano
- salt to taste
Fill a pot with water, and add Macaroni and salt. Bring to boil stirring occasionally. While waiting to boil, in pot heat milk, and grate cheese into milk. This should create a basic cheese sauce. If too thin, add more grated cheese, if too thick, add more milk.
When Macaroni becomes soft (chef's discretion) drain. Melt butter in pot and replace macaroni (without water). Stir until macaroni is completely covered. Add 1 egg, unscrambled. Stir until completely incorporated. Add cheese sauce, and herbs. Stir well, and serve hot.Last modified on 14 May 2008, at 01:00