Cookbook:Lemon Chicken Pasta
|Lemon Chicken Pasta|
Lemon Chicken Pasta
- 12 ounces (340g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch (1cm) thick slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oregano, to taste
- About ½ cups flour, for dredging
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (¼-inch-thick) (0.5cm) Lemon slices
- 2 artichoke hearts, cut into quarters (canned is fine)
- ½ cup (120g) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ teaspoon capers
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup (120ml) dry white wine
- 3 ounces (¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons or 90g) heavy cream
- 1 cup [240g] (loosely packed) fresh spinach
- Pinch fresh rosemary
- ½ pound (225g) linguine, cooked al dente and drained
Last modified on 19 March 2010, at 22:41↑Jump back a section
- Season the chicken slices with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Dredge in flour, shaking off excess flour.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet or large sauté pan (not non-stick) over high heat until very hot.
- Add olive oil.
- When oil begins to smoke, add the chicken pieces.
- Cook until pieces are seared on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken to a plate and keep warm, leaving the oil in the pan.
- Add the lemon slices to the hot pan and cook until caramelized, about 1 minute per side.
- Add the artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, capers, and red pepper flakes, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook until reduced to a glaze.
- Return the chicken to the pan with the cream, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, rosemary, and cooked linguine.
- Cook, tossing to combine linguine and sauce, just until spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.