Last modified on 28 March 2013, at 07:35
- 1 cup Bengal Gram Flour
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp semolina
- 3 and 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ginger and green chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp citric acid
- salt to taste
- 1 and 1/2 tsp fruit salt
- 1/4 tsp oil for greasing
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 green chillies,chopped
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 2-3 Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, for garnishing.
- Add all of the ingredients together, except the fruit salt in a bowl and mix well adding water as per required to make a thick batter.
- Before steaming, add the fruit salt and then add 2 tsp of water over it.
- Wait for the bubbles form, then mix gently.
- Pour the batter immediately into a greased 125 mm.(5")diameter plate and keep shaking the plate clockwise in order to spread the batter in an even layer.
- Steam for 12 to 15 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Then keep aside.
- Then heat the oil in small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds start crackling, add the sesame seeds, green chillies and asafoetida, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for sometime, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, then add 2 tbsp of water and mix well.
- Cool slightly and cut into equal pieces. Serve immediately garnished with coriander.