Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Seafood | Shrimp | Indian Cuisine
Prawns (shrimp) - cooked Kerala style.
Last modified on 18 March 2010, at 20:16
- Remove the shrimp tails and heads.
- Cook the shrimp in water with ginger, salt, curry leaves, green chillies, kudampuli and coconut. Leave a little water in the vessel at the end of cooking.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the turmeric, chili powder and coriander powder in it till they turn brown.
- Put in the onion and sauté till wilted.
- Put in the cooked shrimp and simmer and stir till it reaches a semi-dry consistency.