Cookbook:Jersey breakfast dog
|Jersey breakfast dog|
Jersey breakfast dog
- Preheat deep fryer to 355°F.
- Wrap bacon around the hot dog, securing at each end with a toothpick.
- When oil reaches 355°F, lower wrapped hot dog into fryer.
- Heat frying pan and fry one egg.
- Place cooked egg on a small plate.
- Open bun and place onto frying pan on low heat or in toaster oven to lightly toast.
- When bacon is firm and crispy, remove hot dog from oil.
- Place slice of cheese onto egg and microwave for 7-10 seconds.
- Place egg and cheese onto bun.
- Remove toothpicks from hot dog, and add to bun.
- Add condiments and serve.
The Jersey breakfast dog is listed as number two of the "60 Things Worth Shortening Your Life For" by Esquire Magazine. Last modified on 14 March 2010, at 17:17