|Category||Salad Dressing recipes|
- ¼ cup drained capers
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small dried red chile, sliced
- ½ teaspoon crushed fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon white Chianti or dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting top.
- Shake well.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- Best if used fresh.
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. water
- 1/4 c. vinegar
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. dry pectin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried whole Italian seasoning
- 1 lg. clove garlic, peeled
- Combine all ingredients except garlic in a jar.
- Cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- Press a wooden pick through garlic clove; add to dressing mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- To serve, remove and discard garlic. Cover and shake dressing well.
Makes 3/4 cup. Amount 2 tablespoons.Last modified on 15 March 2010, at 14:53