Cookbook:Island Salsa Salad
|Island Salsa Salad|
- ½ cup minced red onion, scalded (see note)
- 4 small, ripe avocados, peeled and diced (save the pits)
- 1 to 2 small serrano chilis (2½ inches long, or ½ small jalapeño chili, seeded and very finely minced)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1½ cups minced jicama
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ripe mango, small, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1½ cups minced fresh pineapple (half a small pineapple)
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon salt
- Combine the avocados, minced chilis, cilantro, cumin, garlic, jicama, lime juice, mango, mint, pineapple, and salt in a medium-sized bowl then add the onion.
- Mix everything together thoroughly but gently.
- Put the avocado pits in the salad, to help the avocados retain color.
- Chill for about 2 hours, tightly covered.
- Take out the pits and serve.
Last modified on 1 July 2007, at 03:58↑Jump back a section