Cookbook:Instant Chocolate Mousse
|Instant Chocolate Mousse|
|Time||15 minutes, start to finish!|
Instant Chocolate Mousse
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons hot coffee
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pint heavy cream (also called whipping cream)
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ounce kirsch (cherry brandy), chocolate brandy, or coffee liqueur
- 6 chocolate cups or shells
- Small chocolate bar (for garnish)
- 6 maraschino cherries
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, coffee, and salt. It should whisk easily and have the consistency of melted chocolate.
- If it is too thick, whisk in another tablespoon of coffee.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium-high to whip the cream for 1 minute.
- Add the powdered sugar and whip for another minute.
- Add the kirsch and coffee-cocoa powder mixture.
- Whip on high until stiff peaks form, about another minute.
- Spoon the mousse into a medium plastic bag and twist the top closed.
- Use scissors to snip off one corner (about ½ inch up).
- Arrange the chocolate cups on serving plates.
- If the cups don't sit flat, place a dollop of mousse under them.
- Squeeze the bag to pipe the mousse into the chocolate cups.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave the chocolate bar over the mousse-filled cups, letting some of the shavings scatter on the plate.
- Top each mousse with a cherry.
Last modified on 15 March 2010, at 16:16↑Jump back a section
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- Refrigerate if not eating immediately.