||5-7 minutes per batch
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine | Southern cuisine | Vegetarian Cuisine | Holiday Recipes | Bread recipes
- Pour oil 3 to 4 inches in pan and preheat to 370°F.
- In bowl mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cayenne.
- In same bowl or in other mix eggs, green onions, milk and ¼ cup vegetable oil.
- If in separate bowl mix two bowls together.
- Spoon 6 or 7 tablespoons of the batter into preheated oil.
- Fry, stirring constantly for over all browning, until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and drain on paper towel.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
Last modified on 8 February 2011, at 19:17