Cookbook:Hummus (Leaven free)
- ½ cup dried chick peas
- 1 med-large lemon – 5 tablespoons juice
- 4 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 4 large cloves garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Soak chick peas overnight
- Drain and rinse and place in saucepan just covered with water.
- Add chopped garlic and salt.
- Cook until tender – 30 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Mix chick peas in a blender with the oil, lemon juice and tahini paste until smooth.
Not for Askenazi Jews
Chickpeas, being legumes are not consumed by Ashkenazi Jews over Pesach. Look up kitniyot for more infoLast modified on 8 August 2010, at 07:23