Hobo Burgers in Foil - This is a camping classic. Wrapping the meal in cabbage leaves helps to preserve moisture and prevent burning.
- Mix Worcestershire sauce into beef.
- Cut four large sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil and place a cabbage leaf onto the shiny side of each one.
- Shape beef into 4 patties and place onto cabbage leaves.
- Top each portion with onion and potato slices, add a pat of butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap another cabbage leaf around the top of each portion and seal each package.
- Place on medium-hot coals for about 20 - 30 minutes, turning twice (carefully) while cooking.
- Discard cabbage leaves if they become charred during cooking.