Cookbook:Henry Thiele's Pancake
Henry Thiele's Pancake is a German pancake recipe developed in the 1930s at Henry Thiele's Restaurant in Portland, Oregon. The restaurant was demolished in the 1990s, now the location of Thiele Square. We developed this version some years ago to enjoy on New Year's Day.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 small eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter for baking
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter in an oven-safe pan.
- Whisk pancake ingredients together until smooth.
- When butter is melted, pour batter into pan.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until puffy.
Last modified on 31 December 2011, at 19:51
Serve with lemon and powdered sugar.