|Hake in Herby Breadcrumbs|
Hake in herby breadcrumbs is a fairly simple way of serving hake, or any other white fish. It has a nice crunchy texture and subtle flavours from the herbs and pine nuts. It's easily scalable. The details here are for two servings.
for the breadcrumb mix:
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4
- Mix together the breadcrumbs ingredients in a food processor, adding the oil last. It should be a slightly moist mixture.
- Dip each fillet in beaten egg, then in the breadcrumb mix. Try to get the fillet evenly coated.
- Place each fillet in a gratin dish, drizzling a little oil on top
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the breadcrumbs are browned
- Sprinkle some lemon juice on top
- Serve with a dressed salad