Last modified on 30 June 2012, at 16:55
- Wash the aubergine and cut it into 2.5cm lengthways slices.
- Brush the cut surfaces with oil.
- Grill 7 – 10 cm from the source of the heat until the aubergine is tender and browned all over (about 5 minutes).
- In a small saucepan combine the miso, sugar and soup stock and cook, stirring, over low heat until the mixture is smooth and hot. Do not let it boil.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the aubergine.
- In a small frying pan toast the sesame seeds until they jump and sprinkle them over the aubergine.