Cookbook:Green eggs and ham
- Place the bacon hock in a pot of water. Add green food color (as much or as little as you like).*
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 60-90 mins.
- Remove the hock and let it cool a little.
- Carefully remove the skin leaving the fat layer intact.
- If the hock is the right degree of green, place on an oval platter. If not, return to pot and add color until the right degree is reached.
- Remove and place on an oval platter.
- Separate eggs.
- Poach the egg yokes in water with blue food color.*
- Poach the egg whites in uncolored water.
- Place the egg whites on platter with hock.
- Place the yokes on the whites.
- Serve using a tri-pronged fork.
*Use food color carefully and follow the manufactures guidelines.Last modified on 3 March 2008, at 12:25