|Time||prep: 20 minutes
baking: 60 minutes
This recipe produces gingerbread, not gingerbread cookies. Gingerbread is a type of spice cake. Parkin, a variation listed at the bottom, is partially oat-based.
- Put the butter, sugar, and syrup in a pan. Heat gently until the butter melts.
- Place the dry ingredients in a bowl. Pour the melted butter mixture into the bowl, and beat thoroughly.
- Warm the milk in a pan (so it will dissolve the syrup).
- Add the milk to the bowl, and beat thoroughly.
- Beat the eggs, and then stir them in to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into an 8-inch (20cm) greased square cake tin.
- Cook at 170°C (325°F) for one hour.
- Cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then remove.
Leave at least 1 day before cutting into squares.
Last modified on 30 March 2013, at 16:50↑Jump back a section