Cookbook:Ginger Peach Glazed Ham
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
- 1 city style (brined) ham, hock end*
- 3 cups peach nectar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 5 in. piece ginger, peeled
- 3/4 cup honey
- 6 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 5 bay leaves
Last modified on 7 March 2010, at 22:14
- Place peaches in a single layer on the bottom of roasting pan. Set aside.
- Score skin and fat layers of ham in a diamond pattern with a paring knife. Place on top of peach slices.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Insert an oven-safe probe thermometer into the center, but not touching bone.
- Bake at 250 degrees until internal temperature reaches 130 degrees.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat until reduced by 1/3. Fish out ginger and bay and set aside.
- Remove skin and fat layers off of ham. Pour peach mixture into pan and toss ham to coat. Remove aluminum foil and thermometer. Reinsert thermometer into a different area and bake at 350 degrees until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees. Remove and let rest 1/2 hour before carving.