Serviettenknödel is a type of Knoedel (more specifically a type of Semmelknödel), a bread dumpling which plays an integral role in the culinary traditions of Austria, Bavaria, and the Czech Republic.
- 8.8 oz / 250g (one normal-sized loaf) French or Italian bread cut into croûton-sized cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) milk (preferably whole milk)
- 4 Tbsp (60g) butter (the amount of butter can also be lessened or substituted for a neutral-tasting oil)
- 1/4 cup (60g) finely chopped onions (one medium-sized onion)
- 2 tsp (a large dash) salt
- 1/2 - 1 bunch chopped broad-leaf parsley