- For the flan
- For the caramel
Last modified on 5 July 2007, at 23:50
- Preheat oven @ 350°F (175°C)
- Add cream cheese, leche condensada, leche evaporada, eggs and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl. Mix ingredients thoroughly at medium speed.
- Place cup of sugar to bottom of a small circular baking sheet and add flan mixture
- Fill a large baking sheet with about 1.5 inch of water. This is called baño de Maria (bain-marie).
- Place carefully, baking sheet with flan mixture over the baño de Maria.
- Cook flan for 45-50 minutes. Flan is ready when you insert a tooth pick and comes out clean.
- Put flan upside down into a serving plate and refrigerate for 5 hours.
- Use fresh mint leaves for garnish