Cookbook:Flan de Queso
By Brenda Ortiz
- For the flan
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1 can of leche condensada (sweetened condensed milk - available in the Hispanic food section of any supermarket)
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- For the caramel
- 1 cup of sugar
- Preheat oven @ 350°F (175°C)
- Add cream cheese, leche condensada, leche evaporada, eggs and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl. Mix ingredients thoroughly at medium speed.
- Place cup of sugar to bottom of a small circular baking sheet and add flan mixture
- Fill a large baking sheet with about 1.5 inch of water. This is called baño de Maria (bain-marie).
- Place carefully, baking sheet with flan mixture over the baño de Maria.
- Cook flan for 45-50 minutes. Flan is ready when you insert a tooth pick and comes out clean.
- Put flan upside down into a serving plate and refrigerate for 5 hours.
- Use fresh mint leaves for garnish