If you can't stand the heat, you may, of course, turn down the cayenne.
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1-1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Olive oil
- 8 slices bacon, crisp cooked
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- Lettuce, tomato, and onion (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- Combine mayo and chipotle. Refrigerate until needed.
- Combine cayenne, salt, pepper, and seasoning. Set aside.
- Form meat into 4 equal patties, about 1/2 inch thick. Make an indentation in the center of each one and brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle patties on both sides with seasoning mixture. Set aside.
- Preheat a chimney starter full of charcoal in the bottom of a kettle grill. Once hot, disperse evenly around the bottom of the grill.
- Add burgers and grill, turning often, until desired "doneness" is achieved.
- Place a slice of cheese on each patty once it comes off the grill. Serve with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and chipotle mayo on buns.