|Time||10 mins plus 40 mins baking|
Figgie 'obbin, also Figgie Hobbin, is an old Cornish recipe.
- Rub the suet, fat and flour together.
- Mix in the raisins, and add enough water or milk to make a stiff dough.
- Roll out to about an inch thick. Press gently into a prepared shallow baking tin or dish.
- Bake in a hot oven for about 35-45 minutes.
Notes, tips and variations
Last modified on 23 March 2011, at 23:09↑Jump back a section
- Figgie/Fig/Figs are Cornish dialect words pertaining to raisins
- from Perranporth W.I. in Cornish Recipes, Ancient & Modern, 22nd Edition, The Cornwall Federation of Women's Institutes 1965.
First collected & published by Edith Martin, Tregavethan, Truro, 1929, for The Cornwall F. of W. I.