Cookbook:Feijoa Chutney 1
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
- 1kg feijoas
- 500g onions
- 300g raisins
- 500g pitted dates
- 500g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups malt vinegar
Last modified on 18 September 2012, at 14:29
- Wipe feijoas, trim ends and finely slice by hand.
- Finely chop onions. Coarsely chop raisins and dates.
- Combine in a large saucepan, bring to the boil, and cook gently for 1½ – 2 hours until the chutney is thick. Make sure it doesn’t catch on the bottom of the saucepan.
- Spoon into hot clean jars, and seal.