Easy Onion ChickenEdit
Last modified on 13 February 2010, at 22:20
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Crush French-fried onions.
- Place beaten egg in medium wide bowl.
- Cut chicken breasts into halves.
- Dip chicken breasts in beaten egg.
- Roll or dredge chicken breasts in onions.
- Place on sprayed baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until chicken is done.
Tips, Notes, and VariationsEdit
- An easy way to crush the onions is in a freezer strength plastic zip-closure bag, with a rolling pin. You can then just use the bag to coat the chicken breasts.
- Uncooked chicken should always be considered contaminated with Salmonella. Handle uncooked chicken as late as possible in preparation, and wash your hands for 30 seconds afterwards.
- By the same token, chicken should be cooked thoroughly, to an internal temperature of 165°F, or until the center is dry and all the pink is gone.