Cookbook:Eastern North Carolina Barbecue Sauce
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Southern cuisine
|Eastern North Carolina Barbecue Sauce
- Start with apple cider vinegar in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add salt, ground black pepper, crushed red pepper, molasses, and honey.
- Let mixture heat up, but not quite boil.
- Mix well.
- Return sauce to the jug that the vinegar came in to cool.
Notes, tips and variations
Last modified on 8 July 2007, at 23:40
- This is the sauce used for authentic barbecue.
- Recipe from my friend and Brother Chip Crumpler.