I have looked at a lot of crispy baked chicken recipes, and all of them use things like breadcrumbs or cracker crumbs. So I thought, "Why not add a little flavor in the form of garlic flavored croûtons for a little more flavor?".
- 4 (7-8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup crushed garlic flavored croûtons
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground cumin
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tbs cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine butter, seasonings, and salt in a pie plate or a large wide dish.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture then dredge into croûtons. Let rest 2-3 minutes.
- Coat chicken pieces on olive oil then place on a greased baking pan.
- Insert a probe thermometer into one of the pieces and bake in the oven until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces evenly with cheese and bake until cheese is melted. Serve warm.