- 2 pounds medium peeled deveined shrimp with tails
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 3 tbs salt
- 3 tbs freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and very finely minced
- 2 1/2 quarts peanut oil
Last modified on 7 February 2010, at 17:41
- Combine butter, hot sauce, soy, and garlic. Set aside.
- Dip shrimp into lemon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Dredge shrimp into cornmeal. Let rest 2-3 minutes.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F. Fry shrimp in batches until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drain on a cooling rack.
- Toss shrimp in butter mixture. Serve warm with blue cheese dressing, if desired.