Chiles en nogada!
IMPORTANT: read carefully first then prepare (this is a spicy food)
- peaches, about 6-9
- apples,about 5-7
- pears, about 4-6
- pepper poblano, about 10-15
- 10 eggs
- flour (a cup)
- Ground meat about one pound
- almonds about 20-30 (peeled)
HINT:or if left in the watter for long time the skin falls off
- Cut the almonds in four pieces or two and peel all the fruit and chop it up in very tiny pieces. Leave it aside
- Fry the ground meat in a pan with garlic and salt (to taste) in low flame with a spoon of oil.
- When the meat is cooked, in the same pan put the fruit and the raisins in and fry for about 4 minutes. After leave it to cool off.
- Put the poblano peppers on the stove and let them get toasted.
- After toasting them put the peppers in water and cut them on one of the long sides. Wash away the veins and the dark toasted spots on them.
- After, stuff with the fruit and the ground meat.
- Crack open the 10 eggs but only pour the whites. Beat until it puffs up. After add the flower and the yolk beat until it reaches a yellowish point.
- Dip the whole pepper in the yellowish content that you just prepared and put in a pan to fry until light brown. Do repeatedly until done with all the peppers
Put aside for step two
That is the white content that is poured on the top of the pepper and gives it a fascinating taste!
- walnuts (about a pound) -it's better if they are already peeled or just put them in water and let them stay there overnight then taking the skin off is easier.
- half a cup of rum (liquor is optional)
- milk (5 cups)
- white cheese (5-6 slices)
- Put the walnuts, milk, cheese, and rum in the blender for about a minute. After it will look white if done right
- Pour on the peppers and enjoy!