Cookbook:Chicken with Orange, Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes
|Chicken with Orange, Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes|
|Time||prep 5 min, cooking 20 min|
A simple recipe that combines vegetable and fruit with chicken. The recipe utilizes baking in foil, which is a great low-fat cooking method that produces wonderfully tender and juicy chicken.
Equipment and supplies
- large baking sheet
- medium bowl
- small bowl
- aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place large baking sheet in oven to heat.
- Mix dill, orange peel, garlic and salt in medium bowl. Season with pepper.
- Combine tomatoes, oil and 1 teaspoon dill mixture in small bowl.
- Add chicken to remaining dill mixture in medium bowl and toss to coat.
- Cut 4 sheets of foil each about 20 inches long.
- Arrange 1 cup spinach on 1 sheet of foil.
- Place 1/4 of sliced chicken mixture atop spinach.
- Spoon 1/4 of tomato mixture atop chicken.
- Fold foil over, enclosing contents completely and crimping edges tightly to seal.
- Repeat with remaining 3 foil sheets, forming 4 packets total.
- Arrange foil packets in single layer on heated baking sheet.
- Bake until chicken is just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to plates; let stand 5 minutes.
Notes, tips, and variations
- Serve with rice.
Last modified on 28 March 2010, at 11:00↑Jump back a section