- 1 cup maraschino cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp orange zest, finely grated
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground allspice
Last modified on 21 January 2010, at 21:58
- Sprinkle cherries with sugar and spices. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cherries and sauté until slightly browned, 4-5 minutes.
- Combine rum and orange zest. Pour over cherries and carefully ignite with a firestick. Shake pan until flames die.
- Serve warm with some ice cream.