Cookbook:Causa rellena con pollo
|Causa rellena con pollo|
|Servings||6 or more|
- 10 medium potatoes (yellow, new or red are a good choice)
- 1 pound of shredded boiled chicken meat
- 100 g mayonnaise
- 25 g butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- black olives
- Cook and peel potatoes and allow to cool, then mash.
- In a bowl combine the chicken, mayonnaise, onion, salt and pepper.
- Line a deep dish with plastic wrap, or place a molding cylinder on a plate.
- Add the mashed potatoes to form a bed about 1 cm tall at the bottom.
- Add a second layer of 1 cm of the chicken mixture evenly over the potato.
- Top the chicken mixture with a final layer of potato, forming a sandwich of chicken inside two layers of potato.
- Demold or remove the cylinder.
- Garnish with lettuce and mayonnaise.
- Cut the hard boiled eggs in discs and place on top. Add black olives, if desired.
- This dish can be served slightly cold.
Mashed potatoes can be prepared with a mix of olive oil and butter and adding one tablespoon of lemon juice. You can compensate lemon with salt. (Don't add milk)
You can as well replace chicken with a can of tuna mixed with mayonnaise and fine chopped onion. Serve this variation fresh only.Last modified on 29 October 2012, at 23:38