|Time||prep: 20 min
cooking: 15 min
Serving for 2.
- Baking flour 300g;
- Onion 20g;
- Beef (ground beef) 400g;
- Water 400ml;
- Salt 1/2 tea spoon;
- Pepper (optional) 1/4 tea spoon;
- In a bowl mix together flour and 200-300g of cold water as making very soft dough. Cover the bowl and leave the dough for 5 minutes for better formation.
- Chop the beef into as small as possible sized cubic shaped pieces or use ground beef. (chopped beef will make better taste)
- Chop the onion into small pieces.
- Pour the beef into an empty bowl add salt, onion, pepper and 5 tablespoons of water mix together thoroughly. Leave the bowl covered during the preparation of the dough.
- On the bigger sized cutting board mix the dough for a half minute. Cut the dough into 10 pieces and flatten the dough into circle shaped dough flats.
- Place fair amount of meat mixture on the flat dough and stick together the edge using techniques shown in the picture.
Pour boil a fair amount of water in the steamer. Spread some oil on the steamer board from protecting the buuz buns getting stuck into the board during the cooking. Carefully place the buuz buns on the steamer board. Place them 1 centimeter (0.5 inch) away from one another. Place the board into the boiling steamer and cover the steamer very well. Cook for 15 minutes. Take out the steamer board and fan the buuz for 30 seconds using steamer cover or any safe, light object.
As a side dish use some cabbage salad, or some chopped kosher cucumbers. Enjoy!