The following recipe makes 20-25 blini.
- 1.3 pounds (5 cups) of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 5 teaspoons of butter
- 1 ounce of yeast
- 1 egg
- 4 cups of milk
- 5 teaspoons of olive oil
- Dissolve the yeast in 3 cups of warm (80-95 degrees Fahrenheit) milk. Add half a tablespoon of sugar, tablespoon of salt, egg yolk and molten butter.
- Stir, then add half the flour and knead the dough.
- Cover the pan with the dough with cloth or towel and leave it in a warm place for 1.5-2 hours, or until the volume of the dough is doubled.
- Mix in the rest of the milk, which must be heated to 122 degrees Fahrenheit, then add the rest of flour and sugar. Pour in well-whipped egg white.
- Knead the dough again and leave it until it rises.
- Heat an oiled frying pan. With a large ladle pour the dough (it should be liquid) in the center so it makes a circle.
- When the bottom of the blin is ready (the edges of the blin have separated from the pan and are pointing upwards), turn it over.
- After it is ready, put the blin on a large plate and start making the next one.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language