- 1 top sirloin steak
- 2 tbs black peppercorns, cracked
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs Cajun seasoning
- Olive oil
Last modified on 16 January 2010, at 00:10
- Brush steak with oil. Season on both sides with seasoning, peppercorns, and salt. Let sit until room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 2 settings: very high, and medium high.
- Add steak to hottest part and cook 3 minutes per side, turning 90 degrees halfway through each side to mark.
- Move steak to medium high and cook, turning often, until internal temperature is 5 degrees F less than the desired "doneness".
- Remove to a plate and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Before serving, slice thinly across the grain on a 45 degree angle. Serve warm with Bearnaise sauce.