- 18 cooked lasagne noodles
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Italian Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a large spotlessly clean stainless steel bowl, beat egg whites to stiff peaks with cream of tartar. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients except for noodles and tomato paste. Gently fold egg whites into cheese mixture.
- Lay 6 noodles in the bottom of a roasting pan. Add a layer of tomato sauce, then cheese mixture, then more noodles. Repeat 1 more time.
- Spread some more tomato sauce on top then add more cheese mixture on top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve.