Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Desserts
A plate with one piece of baklava.
- Combine nuts, cinnamon, cloves, and sugar. Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Use a pastry brush to brush inside of a 14 X 10 ½ inch pan with melted butter.
- Line bottom of pan with one piece of Phyllo dough. Fold under excess Phyllo.
- Alternate sides with each piece of Phyllo, brushing the top of each layer with melted butter.
- Repeat five (5) times, making five layers.
- On the 6th sheet, sprinkle evenly with nut mixture.
- Continue until all nut mixture is used and last six (6) buttered sheets of Phyllo form top crust.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into diamond shapes.
- Bake at 300 °F (150 °C) for about 1 ½ hours or until lightly brown.
Last modified on 12 April 2010, at 21:14
- Combine syrup ingredients. Boil syrup for about 10 minutes and then allow to cool.
- Pour cooled syrup over hot pastry. Enjoy!