Cookbook:Apple Quince Compote
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 McIntosh or Rome apples , peeled, cored and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large quinces , peeled, cored and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
Last modified on 10 March 2013, at 20:20
- In a 10" (25 cm) skillet, melt butter over low heat. Sprinkle in sugar and increase heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes, or until sugar is caramelized. Add apples, quinces and cranberries.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes, or until fruit is golden and apples and cranberries are soft (the quinces will retain their shape); reduce heat to low.
- Add cider and lemon juice and cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until liquid has reduced but not evaporated.
- Stir in ginger and salt until combined. Serve warm.