Cookbook:Anise Citrus Compote
Ingredients↑Jump back a section
Last modified on 23 September 2012, at 12:55↑Jump back a section
- Combine first 3 ingredients.
- Bring to boil and simmer 5 minutes; strain.
- Peel oranges and grapefruit, removing all white part.
- Cut oranges in half and slice.
- Cut out grapefruit sections; squeeze about 1/2 cup juice from remaining membrane and add to anise syrup.
- Arrange half the orange slices in deep bowl, then add grapefruit sections (reserve 3 for top) and remaining orange slices.
- Top with reserved grapefruit sections.
- Cover with anise syrup and chill.
- At serving time, top with a lime rose: with a sharp knife, start at one end of lime and peel off a spiral strip about 1/2 inch wide, going around lime to other end.
- Twist to form a rose.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.