|Potato Curry (Aloo Masala)|
|Category||Side Dish recipes|
This recipe needs a photo. If you can, please add one.
Potato masala (Tamil:uralai kizhangu masala) is a potato mixture that is often served alongside roti or folded inside, a dosa. The dosa and aloo masala combination, widely eaten in South India, is known as masala dosa. Coconut chutney is a common accompaniment.
- 4 large potatoes, cubed and par-boiled
- 1 medium onion, chopped thin
- 4-5 split green chillies
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon chana dhal (optional)
- ½ teaspoon mustard seed
- 5 curry leaves
- pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Heat oil.
- Sautée the mustard seed first, then add chana dhal, curry leaves, onion and chillies.
- Fry until the onions begin to change color.
- Add potatoes.
- Sprinkle the turmeric evenly and stir well to mix all the ingredients
- Cover and cook on a medium flame for about 5 minutes, stirring well, until the potatoes become very soft and somewhat mashed.