Computer Programming/OS Programming
Operating System (OS) Programming
A computer is a series of electrical pathways some of which can be changed by use of some of its own electrical pathways.
A computer instruction is a series of electrical signals that make use of a computer.
A computer program is a series of computer instructions.
An operating system (OS) is a computer program with the purposes of:
- allowing user input in its operation
- maintaining itself
- switching computer operation to other computer programs (tasks)
- maintaining other computer programs (tasks)
- controlling hardware
- allocating memory to software as needed
OS programming is ...
Many people are dissatisfied with currently-available operating systems, and research ways to improve them -- or introduce entirely new replacements.
Some computer engineers develop entirely new computing hardware, and need to write a new OS for it (typically by adapting parts of some pre-existing OS).
- A Neutral Look at Operating Systems
- Wikiversity:Operating System
- Wikipedia:Operating system
- the TUNES Project Wiki http://cliki.tunes.org/