Sites in English (beginners)Edit
- Dictionaries / Translators
- CC-CEDICT - CC-BY-SA dictionary. Extensive, compiled by volunteers. Available under GNU licence.
- Chinese Tutor Dictionary - A Chinese dictionary searchable by Pinyin, Hanzi, or English. It is fast and easy to use.
- Google Translate - Surprise, surprise! Has dictionary, pinyin, and example sentences.May not work well when translating long sentences to Chinese.
- Multilingual Chinese Dictionary - A no-frills Chinese dictionary with 9 languages
- nciku - Chinese-English dictionary with handwriting recognition, lots of examples, a text-to-speech system, and other learning materials.
- Rikai.com - A web-mediator that adds mouseover pinyin readings and English meanings to Chinese webpages.
- WrittenChinese.Com Free Chinese-English dictionary. Search results are ranked by frequency of occurrence in everyday Chinese text.
- Zhongwen.com - A Chinese character dictionary and cultural reference. Characters are represented by images, meaning they are still viewable without Chinese fonts. Detailed character trees.
- ChinesePod - Free Chinese podcasts for beginners on various topics.
- Learn chinese online - 40 lessons courses for beginners.
- Learn to Speak Chinese Online - Learn Mandarin Chinese online for free.
- Mandarin 123 - Site focused on Chinese Mandarin vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, reading and writing.
- Melnyks Chinese - Theme-based Chinese Podcasts.
- ZapChinese - Mandarin Chinese audio vocabulary. A large list of useful words in Chinese and an audio file showing how to pronounce them.
- Chinese Tutor Flashcards - Online flashcards that focus on words the learner is having difficulty with.
- The Chinese Outpost - Site focused on Chinese language learning and culture, centered around an "Introduction to Mandarin Chinese" with readable and entertaining units on pronunciation, characters and grammar.
- LearnchineseOK.com - Web's biggest directory of free online resources for learning Mandarin Chinese language
- Mnemosyne - Free, reliable flashcard program. Has special "vocabulary" cards.
- Chinese with Mike - Blogger focused on the Chinese language.
- On-line Chinese Tools - Site with many helpful links for learners, including online dictionaries, character converters and free flashcard programs for learning characters.
- Skype.com - Skype is a freely downloadable program that allows free, VoIP calling. You can find native Chinese speakers looking for language partners via skype at the Mixxer
- University of Melbourne Chinese Studies Virtual Library - Large collection of Chinese-related links, organized by topic.
- Complete Conduct Principles for the 21st Century: The English - Simplified Chinese Page to Page Correspondence Display Edition, Useful for Learning Chinese John Newton, Ph.D. (哲腊曙博士). (2008). ISBN 0967370523. - Advanced-level learning Simplified Chinese for English users and at the same time learning better conduct for the coming years.
- Complete Conduct Principles for the 21st Century: The English - Traditional Chinese Page to Page Correspondence Display Edition, Useful for Learning Chinese John Newton, Ph.D. (哲臘曙博士). (2009). ISBN 0967370558. - Advanced-level learning Traditional Chinese for English users and at the same time learning better conduct for the coming years.
Sites in Chinese (advanced)Edit
- Project Gutenberg's Chinese Books
- Wikipedia in Chinese
- Yahoo!奇摩字典 - Chinese-English dictionary from Yahoo! for English learners in Taiwan.
- Search engines
- Baidu - Simplified Chinese, The most widely used search engine in mainland China
- Other major websites
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language