This is very important to warm up, because you can very easily hurt yourself without it. I will describe some exercises, you should do before every training.
You hold the stick with your right hand. The stick is pointing down. You bring the stick behind your back, then get it with your left hand and brings to front. Then you grab your stick under the left hand, and take it to the right. As you do this movement fluent, the stick will move around your body.
Take the stick with two hands above your head and do a body turn to the left and to the right.
Take the stick with two and twist your body to the left and to the right.
The stick is before you and is horizontal. Grab it with both hands at the ends. Try to knee the stick with the left and with the right leg.
Lift up your leg and put the stick under your leg into your other hand.
Hold the stick with one hand. The end of the stick is on the floor. Release the stick, and try to step over the stick and grab it, before it falls. Do this exercise inwards and outwards too.
Put your stick behind your back with your left hand so, that it will point upwards. Get the stick with your right hand from up, like a ninja :) You can do it from the other direction, too.
Hold the stick at the ends. Put your stick behind your head horizontally , release it, and try to catch it before it falls.
- Try to draw an 8 form with your stick from up to down. (Stick twrist)
- Try to draw an 8 form with your stick from down to up. (Stick twrist)
- Throw the stick horizontally into the air, and try to catch it with palms up.
- Throw the stick horizontally into the air, and try to catch it with palms down.
- Throw the stick horizontally into the air, and try to catch it with one palm up and the other down. At every throw change your hands positions. (from upwards palm will be downwards, and from downwards, it will be upwards)
- Throw the stick horizontally into the air, clap your hands, and try to catch. Increase the number of claps.
Warmup exercises with lots of people
Everybody is running with his/her stick around in random directions.
- We meet with somebody, and hit our stick with her/him. - We meet with somebody, and change stick.
For a sign, we:
- stop, put the end of the stick to the floor, run around the stick as we are holding it. It can be done forwards and backwards, too.