Links to online resources relating to learning how to program in C:
- The C Book, second edition by Mike Banahan, Declan Brady and Mark Doran, originally published by Addison Wesley in 1991. This version is made freely available.
- Programming in C: A Tutorial, by Brian W. Kernighan; 9600 words
- The GNU C Reference Manual -- a reference for the C programming language, as implemented by the GNU C Compiler
- The GNU C Library -- a manual for the GNU C library, which defines all of the library functions specified by the ISO C standard, and other functions
- Wikipedia:C syntax - cca 9700 words, as of March 2012
- Wikipedia:C (programming language)
- Jones, Derek M.. The New C Standard: A Cultural and Economic Commentary. Addison-Wesley. ISBN 0-201-70917-1. http://www.coding-guidelines.com/cbook/cbook1_2.pdf.
Printed books and materials: