Bartending/Cocktails/Irish Car Bomb
|Irish Car Bomb|
The Irish Car Bomb is made with 3 different Irish drinks.
- 1/2 pint Guinness Stout
1/4 oz. Baileys Irish Cream 1/4 oz. Kahlua
- 1/2 oz Jameson Irish Whiskey
Original Recipe had nothing to do with everything being Irish. It had to do with taste and appearance/presentation. The shot was made by filling shot glass half way up with Baileys Irish Cream(about 1/3 oz.), then half way to top with Kahlua then fill to brim with Jameson Irish whiskey (with an E by the way). The shot was slid into a half glass of Guinness carefully so as not to make a mess or break. If it is done properly, the bartenders will not have a mess to clean up in their glass washer or sink and there is no rush to drink it, so a moment or two for a toast and comraderie may be enjoyed.
One version leaves out the kahlua (not Irish) but the flavor when the original recipe is followed is unique. created in 1979
- Pour Guinness into pint glass.
- Pour Bailey's into the shot glass and then without mixing pour Jameson into shot glass.
- When ready to drink drop the shot glass into the pint, be mindful of spilling.
- When the Bailey's mixes with the beer it will start to curdle very fast, this forces the need to drink the carbomb very fast.
- It is sometimes considered improper to order this drink in an Irish establishment.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language