The Cosmopolitan is a vodka-based cocktail that has become very popular with women, especially since its prominent appearance in the popular HBO television show "Sex and the City." The Cosmopolitan, or "Cosmo" is a sweet-tart combination of citrus and cranberry flavors that, conveniently, is an attractive pink color when mixed and served properly.
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. triple sec liqueur
- 1 oz. cranberry juice
- dash Rose's lime cordial (or juice of 1/4 fresh lime)
Flamed orange zest
- Combine ingredients.
- Shake over ice.
- Strain into a cocktail glass garnished with flamed orange zest.
Some recipes substitute:
- Cointreau liqueur for the Triple Sec, or
- Absolut Citron for plain vodka, (which increases the citrus kick)
- lime juice with 1/2 oz. of Rose's sweetened lime juice, (resulting in a drink more sweet than tart.)
Despite the fact that it's served in a cocktail glass, and thus frequently branded a "Martini," the Cosmopolitan is a cocktail that has more elements akin to sours than the herbal genre of the Martini.Last modified on 27 February 2010, at 15:43