Read Romans 12:10 and Proverbs 12:25. Discuss what each verse means.Edit
|Romans 12:10 (NIV)
|Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
|Proverbs 12:25 (NIV)
|Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.
Give examples of kindness and love.Edit
- Parents are kind to and love their children
- Friends are kind to each other when playing together, at lunch, and when working together;
- God loved us so much that he sent his Son from heaven to earth to live with people and to then die for us that we might live forever with Him in heaven.
What does the Bible tell us about each of these two words. Use a Bible story to illustrate someone who showed love and kindness.Edit
- 1 Corinthians 13:4 This passage describes the qualities of true love. Among other things, it is kind and gentle, characteristics that should be evident in our relationships and words.
- Ephesians 4:32 Followers of Christ are encouraged to imitate Christ's life and values in their own lives. One obvious way we can do that is to imitate the kindness and compassion that Christ showed to everyone he encountered.
- Proverbs 16:24 There is a tremendous power in kind and gentle words. The simplest word of encouragement or support can brighten somebody's day. This is the sort of speech that should be on every Christian's lips.
In summary, someone who loves Jesus will always want to do the kind thing to their friends, family, and animals. Because we love Jesus, we will even be kind when others (our enemies) aren't kind to us. Jesus was kind, even when people were being cruel to Him. Because of His help, we too can be kind at ANY time.
Read or listen to three (3) stories of kindness.Edit
Act out in a skit or charade different acts of kindness.Edit
Plan and do an act of kindness as a class or club.Edit
External ResourcesEditLast modified on 23 May 2012, at 18:14